What is Sedex?
Sedex is an ethical trade membership organisation that help businesses to uphold responsible business practices and improve working conditions in global supply chains. Their aim is to work with businesses to be more sustainable, protect workers and source ethically.
With over 16 years of experience and 60,000 member organisations, Sedex have shared their expertise to help businesses develop products and services that address their needs. Sedex have regional teams that span across the UK, India, Australia, Latin America and China to serve many countries with tools and support in over 10 different languages. Sedex can meet the needs of any business, large or small, to ensure an ethical and sustainable working environment.
Why Have Opera Decided to Join Sedex?
Here at Opera, we support Sedex’s vision to protect people, the environment and business in a sustainable and ethical way. Therefore, we are working with the team at Sedex to look at our supply chain and business as a whole, to ensure that the correct practices are in place to fulfil that vison.
As a Sedex member we are working towards:
- Living wages to be paid
- No use of child labour
- Safe working conditions
- No form of discrimination
- Free choice of employment
- Managing environmental impact
What Steps Will We Take with the Help of Sedex?
- Map and understand our supply chain
- Work with our supplier and ensure they are upholding safe and ethical practices
- Access the working conditions in our company and supply chain
- Access the environmental impact of our business
- Access guidance to improve working conditions
If you are interested in becoming a responsible business or simply want to find out more about the great work Sedex are doing globally, visit their website for more information.